Monday 20 December 2010

Printing Decision

After evaluating the two printing options: in house (at the college) at £3.50 each, total cost £70.00, and via online printing services (at D S Colout Labs) at £1.05 each, total cost £21.00, I have decided to opt for the online printing services, which I feel would be the option selected by many businesses, based on the cost factor.

Although I do intend to print some in house, at the college, partly for comparison between the two options to compare the print quality and the likeless to the original image, the latter being the only draw back to having them printed via a third party, because the photographer has limited control over the final printing.

This decision was not easy to make, but I have to look at the final output of the process in an objective way. This is therefore my justification of my decision for the output method. One important factor, to me, is the cost but at the same time the quality and accuracy of the colour reproduction, but under the circumstances the cost factor must over rule the latter, and given the high standard from D S Colour Labs that I and friends have received, I feel confident that they will provide an equally high standard when producing these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment